Kate’s writing is largely focused on personal essays and sharing her lived experience with fatphobia and fat acceptance, mental health, and navigating relationships.
- DAME: How “Fat Tiktok” Gave Me the Confidence to Love MyselfWhen I got the album of edited images, I was astonished. I saw photos I liked. A lot. Not just one or two, either. Ten at first, then, even more, … Continued
- NBC THINK: ‘The Biggest Loser’ is back on TV. Get ready for ramped-up fat-shaming and dangerous diets.While there’s no proof that losing weight does anything for a fat person’s health, we have plenty of evidence that anti-fat bias and weight discrimination — compounded by shows like … Continued
- THE CREATIVE INDEPENDENT: How to get press for your creative workJust remember: always define who you are trying to reach, stay true to your story, highlight the best thing about your work, and be succinct. You’ll be great. Read the … Continued
- GROK NATION: Yes, you can be a professional and have a tattoo8 female and non-binary professionals, including Grok Nation founder Mayim Bialik, share stories about their tattoos . As a plus size woman, my tattoos have been a critical piece of my … Continued
- ALLURE: I Compulsively Weighed Myself for 2 Years — Here’s How I StoppedI came to realize that fat women aren’t a joke, a fetish, or a “before” picture just waiting to become an “after.” They are sexy, desirable, and worthy of love … Continued
- REFINERY29: I’ve Tried Nearly Every Kind Of Birth Control — & Here’s What I’ve LearnedIf my experience shows anything, it’s that you have to legitimately try these methods to know if they’ll work for you (and, of course, talk to your doctor beforehand to … Continued
- REFINERY29: Nothing Tastes As Good As Giving Up Thin Approval From Men FeelsNow, when a guy tells me he’s into my body, it’s not some great revelation or some golden validation. It’s just another thing we have in common. Read the full … Continued